Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scwids BMD Application

5 posters

Go down

Scwids BMD Application  Empty Scwids BMD Application

Post by Scwid Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Name in game: Nicolai Vershinin

Steam name: Scwid

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37016438

Previous occupations: Russian immigrant who moved to America only to become Master Sergeant of the "Brightboy" Squad during the first rebellions against the Combines rule.

Date: 6/10/2013

Job I’m looking to become: Black market dealer

Age in game: 29, Age in real life: 15

Back story (Why I want to join the rebellion in the form of a BMD):

1 year after the 7 hour war: Our squad was trying to infiltrate a nearby Combine camp.

“Okay, Pile up the dead Combine soldiers and our uniforms in the back of the Jeep, and grab your weapons.”

Sergeant Johnson and I were busy barking orders to Private Dash and Corporal Brent. The last thing I wanted was to have our whole squad dead, so I was making sure everything was as good as good can get. After all, dressing up as the most despised and feared people on the Earth and driving an American Jeep through enemy territory with more dead despised people next to them wasn't exactly their best idea ever.

We had limited ammunition and arms, barely enough to take down a single gunship. Already dead were over fifteen Combine, and they were pretty shaken up by the artillery experience. I
wondered if our men were going to crack, or even if they were going to get home. My son was sitting at home, probably asleep by this time. What would it be like for my wife to find out my friends and I had gone missing or had been shot up in the middle of the forest, so close to getting out of this mess?

“Sir, come on. Get in the Jeep” Dash woke me from my trance.

“Yeah, I’m coming”

“I thought you said it would take us four damn minutes to breach the combine perimeters!” called out Brent.

We had been driving for at least ten minutes.

“Well, smart ass, why don’t you look at the map soaked in blood?” I said.

Dash was having a hard time reading the piece of paper, as the ink was blurred.

“Just keep driving in this direction; we have to end up somewhere”

“Let’s just hope that somewhere isn’t filled with Combine Soldiers pointing guns at our faces”
commented Johnson.

I could tell his team was getting less and less hopeful. He scanned the trees with his rifle, although even if he did see something he probably wouldn't hit it.

“I see a clearing up ahead, I’ll speed up when we get in the open” I said.

As we reached the clearing, a faint glimmer of a Combine Hunter appeared in our path. Reacting as fast as I could, I slammed the brakes and yelled,

“HEADS DOWN!”

That was the last I saw of those brave men. I woke in a nearby rebel camp and found to my horror the entire squad had either been killed by the hunter that attacked us or taken to a Nova Prospect. And boy do I hope they were killed because the other outcome would be a lot worse. Somehow I was able to put those memories behind me. It was over, I was had accepted defeat. I myself had suffered from a terrible wound to the arm, the entire thing had to be amputated. It was replaced with a cold, metallic hand which I wear a black glove over.

With my newly found disability I decided to throw in the towel for hands on missions, I went into dealing weapons instead. If I couldn't fight I would have to supply weapons.

I decided to move to city 18 to meet up with my sister in law; the only family I knew for sure was still alive. Upon arrival I discovered that my sister had been battling a horrible alcohol addiction ever since the war.

I witnessed my own sister jump off a 4 story building to her death.

I was taken into custody by the Combine to be questioned about my sister’s suicide. I told them everything I knew but it was not enough. I was thrown into a cell to await their decision on what to do with me. I was led by 2 combine soldiers down an elevator to a place that must have been where they killed people. I was put into solitary confinement.

About an hour later I was brought out of my pod by Judge the same combine soldier who interrogated me. He then proceeded to beat, torture, and stab me for no apparent reason. He ended my journey with a gruesome rape. I was then knocked unconscious and dragged out to the streets.

This was the last straw. All the terrible things the combine had done were adding up. That night I vowed for revenge on the combine. I want to become a rebel to stand up for myself and my people, but I knew I would be captured, so I decided to try to re- establish my life as a Black market dealer. I want to wreak vengeance on the people who wronged me; to end their lives for the good of many by supplying my fellow rebels with weaponry.

My plan is simple. By day I will blend in, maybe get friendly with some cops. Become a working member of the community. By night I will live a different life, a rebellious life. My only goal: to topple the government and end the lives of my enemies, supplying weapons to my rebel friends along the way.

Why I should be accepted over the other applicants: I feel I'm more trained then other applicants and have more experience. I will be an interesting character because of my rash decisions to check people off my “hit list”.
Scwid
Scwid

Back to top Go down

Scwids BMD Application  Empty Re: Scwids BMD Application

Post by Gerby! Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:18 pm

DENIED - I feel you don't acknowledge the story of Half-Life 2 as much as you should, playing HL2RP. Also, with this very basic template, I believe you should try to make the backstory as LONG as possible, as the template it so easy to write up. You may re-apply in two weeks.
Gerby!
Gerby!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FriarFin Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:47 pm

Is this post still open for voting on? Cause I really want to see Scwid as a BMD.
It may not even be open, but a +support nonetheless.

FriarFin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biolaser Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:39 pm

Scwid is pretty experienced from my prior experiences with him. And he has had a BMD character before. I +Support this.
Biolaser
Biolaser

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerby! Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:38 pm

We discussed this a little bit via PM in-game, and came to the conclusion that if he gets three +Supports, he will be accepted. One more is needed.
Gerby!
Gerby!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyCorpCEO Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:10 pm

+Support
Sexy app for a sexy person
JoeyCorpCEO
JoeyCorpCEO

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerby! Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Well, it seems I've been proven wrong! That's three +Supports. Congratulations.

ACCEPTED
Gerby!
Gerby!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scwid Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:56 pm

Gerby! wrote:Well, it seems I've been proven wrong! That's three +Supports. Congratulations.

ACCEPTED

Thanks Gerby

~ Scwid
Scwid
Scwid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down