Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some sort of map change?

4 posters

Go down

Some sort of map change? Empty Some sort of map change?

Post by Oryx Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:30 pm

-PROBLEM SOLVED-

My idea, the future, and the present.

Alright, here is to the start of my topic. I'll be answering some of your questions from before hand when you ask me in the comments. You maybe have already asked before you even went into the topic, "Why would we need a map change, the map we have right now is great towards the community, and we don't need one right now?" Well, the right now part is a no, we don't really need a new map right now but if we can, I would be pleased and maybe others would be pleased at the same time towards the topic I'm speaking about. Now, question number two, "What kind of map would we use?" Industrial is more of a passive map, you would use it if your common player base is around 30-40 inside the server itself, if there is a low player count, there isn't really any point towards the map, even though it does have a nice slums area. The types of maps that I would recommend is, rp_c18_v1. Now, why do I like this map? It's because the map can sustain any amount of players that may join, the nexus has a easy and perfect design towards it, and the slums isn't so much of a place that everyone has their own entry and access towards it, combat RP in this map is also /very/ equal to anyone, speaking that the areas that would be used in combat are both equaled out, such as corridors and tight spots. Another map is the rp_city45_2013 map. With this one, it may also require a large amount of player count and-or activity, this map is not as good as the City_18 map, but can have advantages and dis-vantages throughout the map itself, such as the chance for players Meta'ing into the slums, and the not so built in nexus, so I would not recommend this map for the best, but it can also be good for the CWU, citizens who aren't 'Lol-webuling,' and the plaza build itself. Rp_city 8, also a good map but tight for the citizens. This wouldn't require a large player count, but would require more of a CCA count as the map has many halls and areas that citizens can simply 'hang-out' in and do such anti-citizen activity. This also can have very fun combat role-play inside the apartments also, that can lead to exciting and difficult situations anyone can go through.

Anyways, that was my opinion of what should happen to the map. Now note the fact that this does not need to happen, its clearly up to the staff on what the server can lead up to. This is simply one of my suggestions. I'm not going to add a poll due to rather having a more discussion on it.

Last edited by Oryx on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Oryx
Oryx

Back to top Go down

Some sort of map change? Empty Re: Some sort of map change?

Post by Gerby! Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:36 pm

Well... Right now, rebels are JUST establishing themselves on Industrial 17, meaning that we haven't gotten the chance to do any big rebel-oriented events, and to do something like that, you need to be on the map for a long time so the rebels can establish themselves. I would like to squeeze in one, or two rebel events before we change the map, and the map definitely should be changed soon. Anyway, don't want to get into a rant, but right now, I don't think it's the absolute best idea. Maybe a vote would be nice in the next week or two.

Thanks,
-Gerby!
Gerby!
Gerby!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oryx Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:40 pm

Sounds like a good enough plan, I guess this should be in place of discussion after then. I just planned of posting this early before anything else big happened. Besides, the rebellion part is just getting started and it is slightly too early for this to be discussed. If there is any way to lock the topic until that time could happen, it would be appreciated.
Oryx
Oryx

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerby! Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Actually, Xeviax needs to give us all moderator on the forums, so locking the topic right now is not an option until he does so. Just edit it and write "PROBLEM SOLVED" at the top or something?
Gerby!
Gerby!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkah Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:45 am

The day before the switch we should have a mass event of sorts where the city is entirely destroyed and people are evacuated on the passenger trains to the next city (aka new map)

Also, may I suggest City 45 or City 23? Both of them are pretty good maps. C45 would get more players, yet I personally adore C23 due to its structural variety (some open spaces, some closed) and some of the best gameplay I've had has occurred on there.

Monkah

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeath1255 Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:56 am

I have to say i kind of like that idea i mean i only have two characters i use the others i'm probably going to kill off.

MrDeath1255

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down